Also known as Cape Gold.
Part used: Flowers
Method: Steam distillation.
Colour: Pale yellow.
Perfumery note: Middle
Aroma: Quite pungent, herbaceous, with earthy notes.
- There are many varieties of Helichrysum, some also used to make essential oils, but we supply the Splendidum as it has all the benefits of the other varieties, and is locally grown and produced.
- The common name of "Cape Gold" derives from both the colour of the flowers and the excellent properties of the oil.
- There are many uses for this wonderful oil, some of which are listed below.
- This oil is an effective anti inflammatory, making it a wonderful addition to any massage oils for pain and rheumatism.
- It is also anti fungal and antiseptic, and aids healing, including lessening existing scars.
- Helichrysum is very good for the skin, for healing and anti aging, as well as having a low SP factor for protection from sun damage, so an excellent addition to any skin cream.
- Used in vapour therapy it relieves bronchial congestion and acts against allergic reactions.
- In aromatherapy it is used to relieve stress and strengthen and protect the nervous system.
B-phellandrene, Delta cadinene, B-pinene, Germacrene.