Black Cumin Seed Oil - Nigella sativa
Botanical Name: Nigella sativa
- Also known as Black Cumin, Kalonji, plus many other names in various countries.
Method: Cold pressed
Colour: Very dark brown, almost black.
Taste: strong, pungent
- Black Seed oil has been used for many years, in fact Muhammad is believed to have said that it cures everything but death!
- Black seed and it's oil are used for everything from beauty aids to serious illnesses, it does contain many natural chemicals that are used in prescribed drugs.
- Research is being done on it's ability to cure or alleviate many ailments, there have been some good results from this.
- The only possible problems arising from using this oil is it may cause a reaction when applied to skin.
- It may affect blood clotting and blood pressure.
- Children and pregnant or breastfeeding women should use small amounts only.